Skip to main content

Lucky Leprechauns Layout

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my new two-page layout that is titled "Lucky Leprechauns".

(click to view larger images)

For this layout I used two different files from LSHD -- the clover border is from the new "Feeling Lucky" collection and you can see it here.  The other adorable paper piecings are from the "Happy Leprechaun Collection" which you can see here

Here is a closer look at the first page:


I pop-dotted the Leprechaun dancing a "jig" for some added dimension.


I designed my own title in SCAL2.


So what's your take on the Lucky Horseshoe...ends up or ends down?  I actually struggled with this one because I had always heard they should be pointed up so the good luck didn't run out. But after reading up on it on the Internet (yes, I was curious enough to look it up!), it can apparently be pointed up OR down, meaning the good luck would pour down on those who passed under it.  So fingers crossed it's good luck either way!  I also outlined the horseshoe in gold glitter pen, even though the photo doesn't really show it.


And now the second page:


The rainbow pattern doesn't have a base to it, but each color fits perfectly next to the other to form this beautiful rainbow.  The cloud is a cute touch, don't you think?


This lucky Leprechaun is having so much fun tossing all the coins he found in the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow!  I chalked the coins and also highlighted them with a gold glitter pen for a little extra "bling". The Leprechaun and Pot of Gold are pop-dotted also, again for added dimension.


I cut out extra clovers to use as fillers in some empty spots and to add more continuity to my layout.


The clover border was just the perfect accent I needed for this page.  When you cut it out on the diagonal in SCAL, it actually turns out to be about 13-14 inches long.  This totally worked for me because I needed it to span over both pages of my layout.


I've had this plaid paper in my stash for a really long time and it was the perfect one to use for my photo mats.  I think the orange mats bring out all the orange tones in the background paper.


So there you have it!  We're so LUCKY and appreciative that you stopped by today and I hope you enjoyed my layout!

Have a great week!  ~DT Debbie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Love Most

This week's Blog Theme What I Love Most Julie Kim Thanks for stopping by.

All About Me Theme

All About Me Kim

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs DT Reveal

First off, Tricia, Leann, and I (Kristy) would like everyone to know that we were amazed at all the entries for the DT call. It was so very hard to choose only 4 applicants to be a part of the design team. There were so many talented women that applied, which made it terribly difficult to choose. We went back and forth for days trying to make a decision. So, with that said we would now like to proudly introduce to you the new Little Scraps of Heaven Designs design team. Tricia Owner & Designer Hi my name is Tricia and I am the owner of Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  I have been scrapbooking several years now and love creating works of art to preserve my precious memories.  I started my scrapbook career selling my paper piecings and layouts on ebay.  I then started selling patterns of my paper piecings on etsy.  Soon after my little business started to grow and I created my website, Little Scraps of Heaven Designs I love creating new patterns and thank God everyday for bless