Skip to main content

Chipboard Bubble Technique

Happy Monday.  Today I am doing a bit of a different post.  Today will be a card including a technique.  

I chose to do bubble paint on chipboard.

You will need
1.  Some chipboard cut outs.  I used an old cereal box and cut my pieces with my cutter.  I did double cut just to be sure it cut through nicely.  I used the gears from the file 
2. Paintbrush
3.  Acrylic paint
4. Perfect Pearls (optional)
5.  Some glaze (optional)
6. Heat gun


 Start painting your pieces. Once covered completely in paint, used your heat gun to start drying the paint.


 You will notice the paint starts to bubble.  That is the effect we want.  Continue to do about 3 layers of paint and drying.


End result.

Here is the card!

I went on to add some perfect pearls and dimensional glaze to my chipboard.  I just dry brushed the perfect pearls on.  For the title of the card "LIFE".  First I just chalked the chipboard with a brown chalk, I added some dimensional glaze and thought, "What the HEck!!"  I used my heat gun to dry the title and then also added some perfect pearls. I thought that both looked so pretty cool.

The little lace flower.  I took a piece of lace and ran a running stitch through the lace.  I gathered the lace and just secured it with a stitch to form the flower.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have fun trying out this technique

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Love Most

This week's Blog Theme What I Love Most Julie Kim Thanks for stopping by.

All About Me Theme

All About Me Kim

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs DT Reveal

First off, Tricia, Leann, and I (Kristy) would like everyone to know that we were amazed at all the entries for the DT call. It was so very hard to choose only 4 applicants to be a part of the design team. There were so many talented women that applied, which made it terribly difficult to choose. We went back and forth for days trying to make a decision. So, with that said we would now like to proudly introduce to you the new Little Scraps of Heaven Designs design team. Tricia Owner & Designer Hi my name is Tricia and I am the owner of Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  I have been scrapbooking several years now and love creating works of art to preserve my precious memories.  I started my scrapbook career selling my paper piecings and layouts on ebay.  I then started selling patterns of my paper piecings on etsy.  Soon after my little business started to grow and I created my website, Little Scraps of Heaven Designs I love creating new patterns and thank God everyday for bless