Skip to main content

Build a Christmas Card Week~Monday




Hi,
Welcome to our week long Build a Christmas Card.
We as a Design team decided to share cards with you all this week to help inspire you to create your own Christmas Cards this year.




 Today we would like to share
Jeana's Card, Mindy's Card, and Leslie's Card.


Jeana's Card

Mistletoe Pattern
CTMH Holiday Joy Stamp Set
October Afternoon Holiday Style-Toyland
October Afternoon Holiday Style-Holly Jolly
Coredinations Foundations-Holly Leaf
Red Vellum
Gold Glitter Paper
Gold embossing powder
Spangle Mix Sequins

To make this card I cut the striped OA Toyland Paper to 8 1/2 by 5 1/2, score at 4 1/4.
Cut the OA Holly Jolly Red & White paper to 3/4 inch & adhere that to the far right edge of the card.
I glued the sequins randomly down the seam of the two OA papers. I used Elmer's Precision Embellishment glue for this.
Next I stamped Happy Holidays & embossed that with a gold embossing powder. I keep my embossing powders in a plastic bowl so I do not know what brand it was, sorry
I sized the mistletoe so that it would be 3 inches when put together.
I think that's all. I hope you enjoy our Christmas Cards this week!
~Jeana~


Leslie's Card

This is my Christmas in July post for Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. It is using the Baking Gingers cut files from LSHD.

Requirements
Cutting Machine (Sizzix, Cricut, Pazzles, Boss Kut, etc) with Software
OR Vector Viewing/Editing Software, a Printer, and Scissors
Desktop Publishing Software

Featured Product
All the cut files referenced in this post are from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs I am using their Baking Gingers cut files.

Other Products Used
Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
White Cardstock
Red Cardstock
Brown Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Yellow Cardstock
October Afternoon Scrapbooking paper-Hula Hoop
Chalks
Christmas sequins
Gold beads
White ribbon
Christmas ribbon
Mini buttons
Red Stickles
Snow-Tex Glittering Snow
White glitter

How To Do Paper Piecing Without a Cutting Machine

Use the Baking Ginger Cutting file from the Little Scraps of Heaven
Print on the ginger.jpg file on cardstock
Cut all the patterns
Trace, with a pencil, on to the back of the cardstock for each pattern on to the color of you desire
Cut all the pieces
Add a little shadow to the patterns using a stamp pad to darken
Glue all the pieces together using the picture as a guide
Add the Snow-Tex Glittering Snow to all the white pieces
Add red stickles to the nose
Glue all the other accents to the Ginger cookie

Accenting Tip
When applying accents like Enamel or Glitter remember they need time to dry. If possible do them ahead of time on pieces that can be done separate and let them dry before apply to the final product, or if you need or want to apply directly to the project itself wait until everything else is done and do them last. Then allow time to dry before you handling the project. This will help avoid accidental touching the wet accents while working on the project.

How To Make The Card
Cut a 5 ½" by 8 ½" piece of black cardstock
Fold it in half
Cut a 4" by 5 ¼" piece of red cardstock
Cut two 5 ¼" by 1" pieces of the pattern paper
Glue the pattern paper to the red piece first
Add the white Christmas ribbon to the side of the card using tape in the back to hold it
Glue this piece to black card
Glue the Ginger boy to the card
You are done

I hope you will enjoy making this project. As always I hope you will make your own embellishments and unique tweaks to make it your own. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments.

Have a great day!
- Leslie
 
Mindy's Card
 Christmas in July card!
Card Recipe:
Pugs File
Stocking from Christmas Borders
Holiday Greetings stamp from Papertrey Ink

Cut Vanilla cardstock 7" x 10" and folded in half to make a 5" x 7" base.
Layered Cardstock/Patterned paper sizes:
Green 4 3/4" x 6 3/4"
Red cardstock - 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"
Patterned paper from Echo Park - 4 1/4" x 6 1/4"

Sentiment
Vanilla Cardstock - 1 3/4" x 2 1/2"
Green Cardstock - 2" x 3"
Hope you like it! ~Mindy lshd dt
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Love Most

This week's Blog Theme What I Love Most Julie Kim Thanks for stopping by.

All About Me Theme

All About Me Kim

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs DT Reveal

First off, Tricia, Leann, and I (Kristy) would like everyone to know that we were amazed at all the entries for the DT call. It was so very hard to choose only 4 applicants to be a part of the design team. There were so many talented women that applied, which made it terribly difficult to choose. We went back and forth for days trying to make a decision. So, with that said we would now like to proudly introduce to you the new Little Scraps of Heaven Designs design team. Tricia Owner & Designer Hi my name is Tricia and I am the owner of Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  I have been scrapbooking several years now and love creating works of art to preserve my precious memories.  I started my scrapbook career selling my paper piecings and layouts on ebay.  I then started selling patterns of my paper piecings on etsy.  Soon after my little business started to grow and I created my website, Little Scraps of Heaven Designs I love creating new patterns and thank God everyday for bless