Skip to main content

Build a Christmas Card Week...Friday

 
 
 


Hip Hop Hooray, it's Friday!!!
 
Today's awesome Christmas cards were created by Trisha and Dana.
 
 
Trisha's Card
 
To make Trisha's card...
AC Cardstock – white, moss, crimson, caramel, chocolate, dandelion, bubblegum
Colormates – light desert dune, black
Paper Studio – Elf Paper & Ribbon
Green Jewels & Close to My Heart - Share the Magic Stamp

Cover of Card
• Cut out and assemble the Elf on a Shelf paper piece
• Take white cardstock – cut 6” x 12” and fold in half to create a 6”x6” card
• Cut a 5 ½” x 5 ½” piece of moss cardstock (wait to secure to white cardstock)
• Cut 5” x 5” piece of elf paper and secure to moss cardstock
• Cut 3 – 4 ½” x 1 ½” strips of crimson cardstock. Space evenly and secure to elf paper
• Cut a 6” piece of elf ribbon and secure to the middle of the current layers on the card
• Secure your multiple layers of moss, elf, crimson cardstock to the white cardstock
• Place the Elf on a Shelf piece onto your card and secure (to add dimension, use 3D foam squares)
Inside of Card
• Cut a 5” x 5” piece of moss cardstock
• Cut a 4 ½” x 4 ½” piece of crimson cardstock and secure to moss cardstock
• Add jewels to each of the corners on the crimson cardstock
• Place “Sharing the Magic” stamp in the center of the crimson cardstock
• Secure your multiple layers of moss and crimson cardstock to the inside of the card

 
 
Dana'sCard
 
To make Dana's card...
File used- Christmas 3D Accents
... Paper- Recollections Xmas paper and asst card stock
Red Gross grain ribbon
White gel pen
Blue and Black chalk pencil
Black Fine Sharpie pen

Make a shadow layer of the scallop shape and weld together the two shadow scallops with a small rectangle (not part of file) to make the base of your card. Cut the base card in desired color card stock. Then cut the other scallop and big circle in card stock and smaller circle in patterned paper.

Shadow scallop (aqua) measures approx. 5 1/4 in.
Red scallop approx. 5 1/8 in.
White circle 4 5/8 in.
Patterned paper circle 4 3/8 in.

For the reindeer I just assembled him on my virtual mat and adjusted size accordingly.

I did not add a sentiment to my card, just ribbon to dress him up! The inside of the card has a layer of red scallop and white circle for writing.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow for our final day of cards!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Love Most

This week's Blog Theme What I Love Most Julie Kim Thanks for stopping by.

All About Me Theme

All About Me Kim

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs DT Reveal

First off, Tricia, Leann, and I (Kristy) would like everyone to know that we were amazed at all the entries for the DT call. It was so very hard to choose only 4 applicants to be a part of the design team. There were so many talented women that applied, which made it terribly difficult to choose. We went back and forth for days trying to make a decision. So, with that said we would now like to proudly introduce to you the new Little Scraps of Heaven Designs design team. Tricia Owner & Designer Hi my name is Tricia and I am the owner of Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  I have been scrapbooking several years now and love creating works of art to preserve my precious memories.  I started my scrapbook career selling my paper piecings and layouts on ebay.  I then started selling patterns of my paper piecings on etsy.  Soon after my little business started to grow and I created my website, Little Scraps of Heaven Designs I love creating new patterns and thank God everyday for bless